Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Is this a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharona3

First, I am going through a nasty divorce with substantial assets. After separation, but before divorce papers were filed, my husband used a joint credit card and a credit card in which I am the primary and he is an authorized user. He swiped it through our corporation/business in Oregon (we live and are divorcing in California), claimed it was a "sale", then went to the bank and withdrew the money. It was $22,500 for both cards. He was court ordered to make the payments. He is four months behind on the card in which I am the primary so my credit is shot but his credit is not effected. I know the credit card companies would come down on me because this is considered a "cash advance" and not a purchase. We have not filed our tax return yet, so there is no fraud on that end. My questions are as follows: Is this embezzlement and is the bank at all responsible? Someone told me this could be considered conversion. Second, is this a crime if he is 1/2 owner of the corporation?

Credit Card

Sharon -

Call you credit card provider (the bank that forwards your line of credit for your business, not the credit card company) and tell them what he has done.

Disclaimer: I am not a legal professional and this is just a suggestion.

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back