Is this a breach of contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris042981

I have been doing contract work for about 3 months through company A for company B.

I went into company B (where I did the actual work) a few days ago and was told that I was 'taken off the project.' After contacting company A I was told that the contract was ended prematurely and that they were surprised that it happened.

A few weeks ago I had asked my project supervisor at company B how much longer I could expect to have work because I was considering making a large purchase that would require the additional paychecks. I (and Company A, as I later learned) was told that they had work indefinitely (that was the word they used) for contractors; of course I went out and bought the item expecting to have continued work.

To make things even more frustrating, upon contacting company A after company B told me 'I had been taken off the project,' they told me company B had told them I had been making a lot of mistakes. Problem is no one in company B told me about any mistakes I was making and never made any mention that I was in danger of losing my contract.

I asked company A to ask them exacly what mistakes I made, when I made them, why it was wrong, etc. It has now been three days since then and now when I call I cannot even get hold of company A.

So now, here I am. I feel like I'm lost in translation. I want to know what has happened and defend myself if need be, but since they appearently won't listen I do not have the ability to do so. I'm not certain if it would legally be a good idea to go to company A's physical location to talk face to face with someone, but I am afriad that whatever is going on might have a negative effect on my professional reputation.

All I really know is that the contract was ended prematurely without warning, even though both myself and Company A was told by Company B that Company B had an indifinite amount of work for contractors.

I feel like I'm being cheated, I feel like I've been played. Is there anything you can determine from this that I can do?

Yes - show your contract to an attorney in your state. We cannot tell what constitutes a breech for a contract we have not read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back