Consumer Law, Warranties Is this a breach of contract and do I have any recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaterbabe1474

I was a tutor/reader/scribe for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation in Colorado. This was classified as a vendor contact 1099 arrangement. My client verbally agreed to take two classes in the spring semester but dropped her classes for a full-time job without reasonable notice leaving me unemployed as she was my sole client and sole income. I was providing full-time services (37.5 hours/wk) to this client. I have an authorization of services from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation for the time period of February - April 2008. I was only paid on the first half of February as that is when she dropped her classes. Do I have any recourse in remitting the remainder of the authorization of services either from the client or the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation?

Another issue is that due to owing my old university money the state redirected a vendor payment for a single hour of tutoring to another client according to the Vendor Offset Law (CRS 24-30-202.4). I assume that if my original client had continued with her classes the payments from that would have been redirected as well. So, if I do have a small claims case and win will I also have to appeal to the Vendor Offset Desk to see any monies awarded from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation?

I'm not a vindictive person and don't really want to sue either party but I have been unemployed since February and don't really see any other options right now. Please give me some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back