Is there anything i can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wn1369

I have 3 questions,

1) can a judge in criminal court tell you that because you are out on bail/bond, that you can not be appointed a public defender, because you have already wasted enough of the tax payers money? and threaten to lock you up when you cant afford to buy a lawyer?

2) can you take a plea bargain and still appeal your case? (case has gone on over two years, case was set for trial 13 months ago, was told the delay was for me to take a plea. and that the only reason the case was still in court was because there was video tape of my buying contraband, which it turned out, wasnt me buying anything, just walking into a store and back out. aslo eye witness doesnt remember making statements on tape for police. {not revieled until a month before old trial date, police officer suddenly remembering a confession that never happened and was never documented. this came up a month before the NEW trial date.} And now the police officer wants my charge dropped to a misdemenor but the DA wont let it happen)

3) is there anything i can do to have someone look at the case, not so much for guilt but to see how this trial has been prolonged, false positives on drug tests that i have had to pay $538.00 to prove wrong through blood work, being threated to be locked up 3 times over not having lawyer (see question 1), for drug test (question 2), and for trying to explain why i didnt have a lawyer with me after the drug test court date, because i was sent immediately to hospital. no determination of a lawyer was stated. i would like someone to see that the DA has changed its stance on this case SEVERAL times, one day they are willing to drop all charges and the next i was the head of a drug ring.

this incident happened in tennessee, while i was watching my brother's house for him while he was in iraq, i live in PA, i have spent over 2 years in court, spent 10,000 dollars between travel, lawyer, blood work, ect. i would atleast like someone to look at it. this is my first offense.

Thank you guys/gals for taking the time to read this. and i look forward to hearing from you.

Motion to dismiss for lack of speedy trial. Then, file a complaint against this judge. This judge is way out of line, and you need to get the case dismissed for jacking you around, or get this judge removed for violating due process.

"can a judge in criminal court tell you that because you are out on bail/bond, that you can not be appointed a public defender, because you have already wasted enough of the tax payers money? and threaten to lock you up when you cant afford to buy a lawyer?"

Can they? Yep, judges commit felonies every day in the court room.

I would file a criminal complaint with a Federal court against a judge like this. God, I would have a hay day in a court room with someone like that. "Throw me in jail, lets see what my time is worth".

This judge is renegade of the constitution, has clearly violated your rights, and is extorting you, and to top it all off, doesn't seem to know what your right to a speedy trial is as well as due process.

Good luck, this one should be an easy win, with a Federal action to follow.

PS- answer to 1=yes they can. it is illegal, but yes, they can say all kinds of crap. That just got the judge removed from your case!

2= Not usually. if you accept the PB, you sign your right to apeal away, DO NOT DO THAT!

3=To the best of my knowledge, all 50 states have free lawyers that the Federal Government pays for. Look under legal services threw your states web site. Of course, having a shyster who works for the government defending you against government, well, do I really need to go on??

Not legal advice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back