is there a time limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy82

i have an attorney that i seriously am considering firing, he work out of the indigent office, but i feel i make have to hire a paid attorney, due to his lack of concern he shows when i ask him about my court proceedings he does not act like he wants to work for me, why i just get that vibe,he is short and not helpful or informational at all. i guess my question is this how far in the proceedings can you be when you decide you need different representation, and how do you excuse that attorney. on the last court date it was agruements and hearings. i dont want someone working for me that does not appear to have my best interest at hand.

please help

Yes you can switch to a private lawyer. It is your right...... Contact the office of PD. Your new lawyer would tell you how to do it. It is legal…… What you are going through is what a lot of people complain about PD. Any financial penalty is better that having a criminal record without a good fight........Good luck

While it is true that PD's are overwhelmed, private lawyers have many clients as well and if you cannot afford one then the PD is it.
However, are you trying to help your PD therefore helping yourself?
You have computer access and that is a wonderful thing - try getting laws and case references to help your situation and give those to your lawyer.
Don't think if you hire a private lawyer they can think of everything and do all the work for you because it doesn't matter how good they are "there are only so many hours in a day, so many days in a week, etc.

The best thing to do for yourself besides getting a lawyer is to educate yourself on current laws so you can maybe think of things that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back