Is there a statute for limitations on this

C

Carol Sadowsky

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
Our daughter was married in November of 2015 in Orleans Parish. She used a company which provided the DJ photographer and videographer. The DJ turned out to be such a fiasco that the vendor Roundup reimbursing me most of the money on that portion of the bill two to three days after the wedding. It took until mid-January to receive the discs of his pictures and videos and at that time we realize that half of the pictures were taken with the wrong settings and could not be enlarged past a four-by-six or they would become extremely grainy. I emailed the vendor and of course got no response so I went to American Express and disputed the charge. Three weeks ago American Express told me that they could not force the vendor to do anything since they were just an arbitrator and so the charge was put back on my account. I have much proof that can be shown in court and I would like to know if it is too late for me to take this vendor to small claims court.

It's less than a year so if you are alleging breach of contract or professional negligence both are well within any applicable statute of limitations.

However, you wrote:

Our daughter was married in November of 2015 in Orleans Parish. She used a company which provided the DJ photographer and videographer.

If the contract was between your daughter and the vendor you get to do nothing because you were not a party to the contract.

It would be up to her to file suit.

Understand that, even if you paid for it, it's her case if it's her name on the contract.

It might be otherwise if your name was on the contract as the buyer of the services. Is it?

Back