Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Is saying you had a dream about blowing off someone's head reason to be arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybeing

I was the Exec Admin to my company's President. I endured 3-1/2 years of mental, emotional and sexual harassment from him. I report the harassment, and the company investigation revealed nothing. I now have an open case before the EEOC. I was kicked out of my job and made the company receptionist (with same pay). On Monday, I was being asked to take a job in another department doing data entry. (I have been an Exec Asst to Presidents & CEOs for over 30 years and never had a problem.) I was upset and explaining to the HR Director that I have been suffering from severe depression and anxiety for the past 4 years. I even have nightmares about work like wanting to blow off Terry's head (the President). The HR Director took this as a verbal threat to the president's life and fired me a few minutes later. I am supposed to report to the police this Friday to be arrested. I am actually very happy to be out of that unhealthy environment and don't know why I was hanging on thinking that salary and benefits were going to make me happy.
What can I do about the arrest? Do I need a lawyer present?

You do not need a lawyer present to be arrested. You might WANT to have a lawyer present.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it unless the police knock on your door. Then don't say anything and phone your lawyer. Until then, I suspect that whoever said they were reporting you to the police is blowing smoke.

Telling someone about a dream is not a direct threat on someones life. It's not enough to be arrested for or even fired. I'd get a lawyer alright, and sue they're ass for sexual harassment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back