Is my car allowed to be tow?

SerenityRose

Jurisdiction
California
If no signs are posted for "no parking" or "towing at owner expense" in a public small plaza, is it possible for your car to get tow? And if the law states "car illegally parked for at least one hour can be towed", what makes the parking "illegal" in a public plaza? And if a owner of this plaza did not have the sign and I have proof of making purchases at the buisness in the plaza but still tow my car, what penalties are involved?

Why would you think that parking in a place where there are signs indicated you may not park there and if you do, your car will be towed, would mean it would be illegal to tow your car? The owner of the plaza can have anyone towed who doesn't follow the parking rules they have established.

If no signs are posted for "no parking" or "towing at owner expense" in a public small plaza, is it possible for your car to get tow? And if the law states "car illegally parked for at least one hour can be towed", what makes the parking "illegal" in a public plaza? And if a owner of this plaza did not have the sign and I have proof of making purchases at the buisness in the plaza but still tow my car, what penalties are involved?

If your car was towed, better to worry about the LEGALITY of the tow after you have retrieved your car.

You can also ask the local sheriff's office or police department about towing in the locale where your car was parked.

Don't call "911", use the administrative number to ask your questions, or visit the nearest station and talk to the desk sergeant or duty officer.

Contact local law enforcement or the tow company and ask them what the authority code was for the tow. This will help you find out exactly why the vehicle was towed.
Was the registration current?
Was it taking two spaces or in a disabled space?
There are various possibilities.

Back