Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Is it trespassing to get my own stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

printerman

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I brought my typewriter to my ex-girlfriend's house. I had accidentally left it there, but thought nothing of it -- I went to her house a few times a week and I'd bring it back eventually. A few days ago we had a falling out and she told me to come get it. Specifically: "i'm leaving in 5, i'll be gone most of the day so i'll leave your typewriter on the back porch, you can pick it up whenever"

She came home around 5 pm and said that because I "didn't want it enough" to pick it up by then, I "can't have it anymore" and she was going to donate it. A couple hours later, I picked it up from her back porch without telling her. Now she wants it back because I came on her property without her permission. Can she do that?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody will take her seriously if she tries to report something.
Just be done with her. Avoid any further contact.
So long as it really is your typewriter and not hers then you will be fine.

Ditto.

You had been told to pick it up off the back porch and you did. Absent her telling you to stay off the property, there is no serious trespass charge that could be made here. Plus, the police would not be all that interested in pursuing this even if she alleged she DID tell you to stay off her property.

Don't stress about it. And, if you do not have to, do not contact this woman again.

Agree, If all is AS you say then I would not give it a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back