Is it possible to get legal intern in the US? Energy and Climate law graduate

Xenoth

As it is my first post on this forum - welcome to everyone!

I know, that my post may seem of quite an extraordinary nature for this forum, but this is probably the best source of information for a person like me. I am a young lad, graduating global energy and climate law masters on one of the top European Universities this year.

During my university I managed to visit the US once and I need to say that I fell for this country. Now, as I am approaching graduation – I started to research the possibilities for internships in the US, as I would love to experience living on another continent. I started off on LinkedIn, but it seems that most of the internships in the US actually require bar exam – which obviously is out of question in my case.

As this forum consists of fairly big population of legal practitioners from the US – I wanted to ask, if it is actually possible to land an intern, focused on the international aspects of Energy / Climate, without background in the common law system? Do you have any tips on where to look for such vacancies? What is the chance of such intern being paid?

Thanks in advance!

I wanted to ask, if it is actually possible to land an intern, focused on the international aspects of Energy / Climate, without background in the common law system?

Of course it's possible.

Do you have any tips on where to look for such vacancies?

I don't. You might try talking to somebody at the US embassy in your country. While I agree with Zigner that it's not the purpose of these forums, I'm going to leave the thread open in case any of our attorney participants have some suggestions.

There are other legal forums online that you can google. Lawyers participate there and may have some tips.

What is the chance of such intern being paid?

In the US even interns get paid. ;)

It is not necessarily required that they be paid. There are many situations where they are required to be paid even if they are getting class credit for the work.
My experience has been different; I've done both unpaid/graded and paid/not graded internships.

Back