Is it o.k. to move my son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABYTAMTAM

My son is now 5 years old and has lived with me since he was born. His father currently is forced to pay child support and has visitation for every other weekend. We also have a joint stipulation which is for holidays and if we choose to move out of the county we currently reside (FL) in we have to notify the other party. I have been with my fiance for 5 years now and he recently got transferred to AZ. I have just moved here and have been here for 1 day. My son is staying with my family for the summer and I am planning on getting him when the summer is over and moving him here as well. I had heard that some states let you move out of state with no problem and other states make you stay, but how can they tell me not to take my son and have a family? I need to get my son here and I know his father will fight it. I don't have a problem with my son seeing his father I just want to move to AZ with no problems. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :confused:

My son is now 5 years old and has lived with me since he was born. His father currently is forced to pay child support and has visitation for every other weekend. We also have a joint stipulation which is for holidays and if we choose to move out of the county we currently reside (FL) in we have to notify the other party. I have been with my fiance for 5 years now and he recently got transferred to AZ. I have just moved here and have been here for 1 day. My son is staying with my family for the summer and I am planning on getting him when the summer is over and moving him here as well. I had heard that some states let you move out of state with no problem and other states make you stay, but how can they tell me not to take my son and have a family? I need to get my son here and I know his father will fight it. I don't have a problem with my son seeing his father I just want to move to AZ with no problems. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :confused:

you can move anywhere you want-but you need to be able to prove its in your son's best interests( not yours) that he be moved away from his father. and if dad chooses to fight it, you may very well not be able to have your son in az( and dad has every right to prevent HIS child from moving)

jimmysgirl...this post is from 2002!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back