1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Is It Legal

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by Honeii B, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Honeii B

Honeii B Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    I am currently in the process of adoption two children. My Daughter has been with me since Dec 15, 2015 and my Son ( her biological Brother) has been with me since May 17, 2016 I haven't had any problems until now I was recently contacted by the case worker's boss, who told me that I can not go around my family, friends, and other individuals unless they are all fingerprinted and that at any time I leave my house and go any where that I must notify the case worker at all times. My question is can FRC ( Family Resource Center) tell me that I am not allowed to go around my family, friends, and other individuals? I ask this for the simple fact that I and very active in my church, and very family oriented but now is seems like I am being forced to be a prisoner in my own home and I don't believe that is right or fair considering that I have been very compliant with everything that they has asked me to do. I have court on Dec 15th How can I handle this matter because the case manger is threating to come take the kids from me.

P.S: I asked her can she show me in writing where it states that I can not be around family, friends, and other individuals unless they are all fingerprinted.

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Have you been fostering these children until now?

3. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

You can do what you like. There are likely rules regarding who can be around the children, if they are not legally yours. I have a feeling there is a lot more to this story as it is not typical to have to notify anyone to leave your house.

4. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

We must be missing a great deal from this story. Let's begin with all the relevant facts as to why there is a case worker, why these children have been placed with you within the past year and the circumstances surrounding why these restrictions are being imposed.