Is It Legal To Not Receive A Raise In 7 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdav

I Work For A Company That Says Once You Have Reached A "max" In Pay You Are No Longer Eligable For Raises. I Now Make More Than The Max And Some Others In My Field Make Less And Haven't Received Raises In Years Some Up To 7 Years Without Any Increase In Pay. My Boss Is Now Saying He Is Unsure Of Me Ever Getting Another Raise Unless The Pay Rate Is Changed. Is The Company Legally Responsible For A Cost Of Living Raise After A Certain Amount Of Time Without A Raise, Even If You Have Hit A "max". It Also Seems Like No One Actually Knows What The Max Is Considering I Have Been Told At Least 3-4 Differnt Numbers Depending On Who You Ask.

For the record, capitalizing every word makes your post very hard to read.

There is no law in any state requiring an employer to EVER give cost of living raises or to EVER give you a raise of any kind. Barring a bona fide, enforceable contract that says otherwise, the ONLY time an employer is EVER required to give you a raise is if you are working at exactly minimum wage, and minimum wage is raised by either your state legislature or an act of Congress.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back