Is it legal for the school to withdraw my admission offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efrenreyes

Hi everyone! I am an international applicant for MBA degree of U.S. business schools.

Recently I got an admission offer of 1-year MBA program from a U.S. business school. After I receiced the paper admission offer signed by the dean of school, I sent the admission committee an email requesting them to reconsider and change my admission offer to 2-year MBA program offer since they stated on their web sites that both programs are the same.

Surprisingly, the didn't offer me the 2-year MBA admission, but reconsidered my application as 2-year MBA program applicant, which I never requested! Then they put me on the wait list of the 2-year MBA program and decided to wthdraw my 1-year MBA program admission offer since I stated that 2-year program should be better fit for me.

There are several ridiculous points in their decision. First, I never stated that I would give up my 1-year MBA offer. Second, I never requested to be reconsidered as a 2-year MBA applicant, not to mention being put on its waitlist. Third, they admitted that they never allow switching between programs, but they offer me an "exception" simply because I stated 2-year MBA was better fit for me and withdrawed my 1-year MBA offer based on that!

As far as I know, so long as the admission committee and I didn't agree on anything via emails, those emails have no legal validity under U.S. laws both for U.S. citizens and Non-U.S. citizens. Please correct me if I were wrong.

Therefore, all those emals between us have no legel validity. Since I requested a 2-year MBA offer, the school didn't offer me that; The school offered me a waitlist of 2-year MBA, I didn't accept it; The school decided to withdraw my 1-year MBA offer, I never agreed on that! There is no point we both agreed on via those emails!

I am now still trying to negotiate with the admission committee and take back my 1-year MBA program admission offer. But I don't know what I should do if the school really withdraw my offer. I still keep the 1-year MBA paper admission offer they signed. What can I do to appeal to the law as a Non-U.S. citizen, or is there anyone can provide me with other better suggestions to solve my problem?

Many thanks to you all in advance!

Hi everyone! I am an international applicant for MBA degree of U.S. business schools.

Recently I got an admission offer of 1-year MBA program from a U.S. business school. After I receiced the paper admission offer signed by the dean of school, I sent the admission committee an email requesting them to reconsider and change my admission offer to 2-year MBA program offer since they stated on their web sites that both programs are the same.

Surprisingly, the didn't offer me the 2-year MBA admission, but reconsidered my application as 2-year MBA program applicant, which I never requested! Then they put me on the wait list of the 2-year MBA program and decided to wthdraw my 1-year MBA program admission offer since I stated that 2-year program should be better fit for me.

There are several ridiculous points in their decision. First, I never stated that I would give up my 1-year MBA offer. Second, I never requested to be reconsidered as a 2-year MBA applicant, not to mention being put on its waitlist. Third, they admitted that they never allow switching between programs, but they offer me an "exception" simply because I stated 2-year MBA was better fit for me and withdrawed my 1-year MBA offer based on that!

As far as I know, so long as the admission committee and I didn't agree on anything via emails, those emails have no legal validity under U.S. laws both for U.S. citizens and Non-U.S. citizens. Please correct me if I were wrong.

Therefore, all those emals between us have no legel validity. Since I requested a 2-year MBA offer, the school didn't offer me that; The school offered me a waitlist of 2-year MBA, I didn't accept it; The school decided to withdraw my 1-year MBA offer, I never agreed on that! There is no point we both agreed on via those emails!

I am now still trying to negotiate with the admission committee and take back my 1-year MBA program admission offer. But I don't know what I should do if the school really withdraw my offer. I still keep the 1-year MBA paper admission offer they signed. What can I do to appeal to the law as a Non-U.S. citizen, or is there anyone can provide me with other better suggestions to solve my problem?

Many thanks to you all in advance!

The school doesn't have to admit you.

You pulled the tiger's tail, and the tiger bit you.

Sorry, deal with it, or go elsewhere.

Why not go to school in your country?

I know why you wanted the two year, versus the one year program.

You do, too!

Good luck, and even IF you had a case (which you don't); you'd have to come to the US to prosecute it.

I suggest you cross your fingers and hope the school admits you.

I wouldn't hold my breath, after all, you did pull the tiger's tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back