1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Is it illegal in California for a father and his adult daughter to live in a large studio?

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by kj23, Feb 9, 2017.

1. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Why in the world would you ever think it's illegal for a child at any age to live with their parent? Adults live with their parents all the time. Are you doing anything inappropriate with him? Then what's the problem if not?

My brother moved back to my dad's house about a year after he got out of the Army because he got involved with the wrong girl and basically got threatened to leave. He lived at my dad's house and he was 25 or 26. So what?

This is the most confusing and odd question I've seen on here. Why does he have to move? It's HIS home right?

Why do your parents have to agree on you moving if you are TWENTY TWO years old??? If you have the money move the hell out. It is an option but you don't want it to be an option.

2. leslie82

Again you're an adult they can't control you.

3. leslie82

You live in America - and in America adults can't force other adults to do things. Adults can't beat up other adults even their own children.

Who gives a shit what your ideology of your parent is? Unmarried women live alone all the time. I lived alone as an unmarried woman and now I'm a divorced woman with a child on my own. Grow up and tell your parents off and move out.

If you want privacy MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE! Holy crap - he doesn't have to move. It's HIS home. YOU go find a new home. And if your father or mother threaten you, call the police.

You don't understand how this is surprising that a 22 year old woman chooses to live with her parents when she has the ability to move out? Really? Are you originally from America? Have you been raised in an uber conservative ideological household? You do realize that you have rights even as a woman don't you?

You need to leave. If you choose to stay it's your own fault.