Is it illegal in California for a father and his adult daughter to live in a large studio?

I am a 22 female and I recently moved back to Los Angeles, CA. My dad has been living here for years so he's had a large studio to himself which contains a larger than usual living room, a large kitchen and dining area and 1 bathroom.
My dad is not interested in adding to his expense by moving out and finding a 1 bedroom apt so he can sleep in the living room or a 2 bedroom apartment. We have been looking for places but I've been here for over a month now and today he confessed to me that HE'S happy the way he's living and when I asked did you even have any intention on moving and he said only like 60% and I was shocked and said what about me?????? I'm avoiding so many things because I don't have my own room. He starts making a fuss about expense. At this point I feel he will keep putting it off until June which is when I will leave LA for the summer, then my brother will arrive in September and thats when we will move again, so that's why he wants to save money for now because there will be more expense when my brother comes.

Long story short, I want to know if there is such a law against father and adult daughter living and sleeping in the same room because if worst comes to worst and he refuses to move then I will want to call someone to inspect our household.
If this will happen, is there anyway that they won't tell him that I called on him?

Don't even tell me to move out on my own; I would love to and have a lot of money saved from work but my parents would never agree to it so I'm waiting for another year till I'm done with my agree so please don't bring this up as its not an option right now.

Why in the world would you ever think it's illegal for a child at any age to live with their parent? Adults live with their parents all the time. Are you doing anything inappropriate with him? Then what's the problem if not?

My brother moved back to my dad's house about a year after he got out of the Army because he got involved with the wrong girl and basically got threatened to leave. He lived at my dad's house and he was 25 or 26. So what?

This is the most confusing and odd question I've seen on here. Why does he have to move? It's HIS home right?

Why do your parents have to agree on you moving if you are TWENTY TWO years old??? If you have the money move the hell out. It is an option but you don't want it to be an option.

how is it unreasonable? hes my father by blood, he hasnt lived with any of my family members since over 8 years. i cant change freely, wax, wear short house clothes, talk on the phone privately, skype privately or have any friends over to talk or to sleepover. im forced to live with him coz my family is conservative and an unmarried woman cant live on her own, otherwise i have enough money to support myself and live on my own. i cant move out even though the law says i could, he would track me down and probably beat me till i bleed so i never do that again.
hes also very negative, stressful and even though im an A student its never enough; he'll always call me out on something and put me down. we need a bit of our own privacy; i dont understand how this is surprising.

You live in America - and in America adults can't force other adults to do things. Adults can't beat up other adults even their own children.

Who gives a shit what your ideology of your parent is? Unmarried women live alone all the time. I lived alone as an unmarried woman and now I'm a divorced woman with a child on my own. Grow up and tell your parents off and move out.

If you want privacy MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE! Holy crap - he doesn't have to move. It's HIS home. YOU go find a new home. And if your father or mother threaten you, call the police.

You don't understand how this is surprising that a 22 year old woman chooses to live with her parents when she has the ability to move out? Really? Are you originally from America? Have you been raised in an uber conservative ideological household? You do realize that you have rights even as a woman don't you?

You need to leave. If you choose to stay it's your own fault.

Back