is is legal for my former manager to tell my coworkers i was suspended/terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganRN

Is it illegal for my former manager to tell my coworkers I was fired? She has pulled people into her office individually and has also announced it at staff meetings. She also posted my suspension on the schedule for everyone to see. Before I was fired she said she "would pay for me to be gone" to one of my coworkers. I was fired because I wrote something about her on FaceBook (i wrote "would be nice if she could get the f'in schedule right" , during this investigation only CERTAIN people were investigated and I have proof that I was targeted in this investigation. Also, she claimed I was the "ring-leader" however, my comments always came after someone elses comment about her .I am an RN in Michigan - at a union hospital. This is being grieved by the union. I, however, am wondering if i have a defamation case against my former manager.

I have emails that confirm she is a liar, and has tried to make me look bad to my co-workers. I also have the Facebook profiles of others on our unit who wrote much more disparaging things about the manager and hospital and patients.

This manager is being investigated herself now because of the things I brought forward to the union.

Thanks - any advice is helpful

If there is a Union in place probably not.

the staff RN's are union. Management is not.

She told co-workers of mine this morning that she issick of all this and hates coming to work and that she is going to resign

Answered on your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back