Is he legally entitled to anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvelez

Hi,
I purchased property while in a relationship with my boyfriend, all assets purchases were with my funds, all is in my name, he stills lives here, although i have asked him to leave but he won't budge. He claims this is our property, we have only been together for a little under 3 years and lived at this property together for 1 year.
We have nothing in both are names, no cell phone accounts or children to link us.
I am done with this relationship, he is and has been unemployed and does not contribute in any way. He uses a false identify which I discovered on my own, does he have any legal rights here?
My concerns are how can i make him leave legally and if he is entitled to any part of my property?

Thank you,
Irene

If you are not married he is not entitled to anything. You might start by serving him with an official 30 day eviction notice. Although this is not the legal way to do it, tell him he has 2 weeks to move out or you are changing the locks. You might want to google eviction procedures for your state if you want to do this the correct, legal way.

Duranie,
Thank you for your advice.
I will continue to research eviction procedures in AZ. Changing the locks is a great idea, but without a doubt he will bust in. Maybe after I go through the eviction process I can change the locks and have him arrested if he breaks in, my only concern is, what about his belongings?
Do I have to store them on the property or could I put them out on the lawn? Any ideas?

Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back