Is grandma getting the wool pulled over her eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGDC

My grandmother was seized from her home by eldest daughter apprx. 2 years ago. Other 3 sisters were not contacted or consulted of the move from grandmothers home in NJ to eldest daughters home in PA. Since eldest daughter has obtained POA, sold the house in NJ, kept that money, is seeking a $50,000 yearly salary from other siblings for care for the mother and generously donating herself and her husband a gift. SHe is insisting an immediate sign off on the salary to the other 3 sisters. The terms in which all are able to see grandmother/mother are almost impossible to be met. Not sure if need NJ lawyer or PA lawyer. Last known residence of grandmother was NJ.
I feel all is not in the best interest of my grandmother or the rest of the family. Is eldest daughter as POA allowed to keep finances from sale of the home, insist on a salary for full time care? When she herself runs her business out of her home in PA, so we know grandmother does NOT need FULL time supervision. And do we have any recourse in seeing her, obtaining legal documents to prove she is POA, and seeing that current funds are used for the care of grandmother not her personal use. Sale from the home should be adquate funds to care for grandmother without seeking further salaries. I am not sure what other information would be helpful to obtain advice. Thank you.

I doubt she has any case to sue any of the siblings for care of grandma, that is her choice and you do not have any obligation to care for a parent.

If you believe aunt (I think she is)is taking advantage of grandma, have to tried calling adult protective services in your state? You might want to contact an attorney that handles elder law as well.

My grandmother was seized from her home by eldest daughter apprx. 2 years ago. Other 3 sisters were not contacted or consulted of the move from grandmothers home in NJ to eldest daughters home in PA. Since eldest daughter has obtained POA, sold the house in NJ, kept that money, is seeking a $50,000 yearly salary from other siblings for care for the mother and generously donating herself and her husband a gift. SHe is insisting an immediate sign off on the salary to the other 3 sisters. The terms in which all are able to see grandmother/mother are almost impossible to be met. Not sure if need NJ lawyer or PA lawyer. Last known residence of grandmother was NJ.
I feel all is not in the best interest of my grandmother or the rest of the family. Is eldest daughter as POA allowed to keep finances from sale of the home, insist on a salary for full time care? When she herself runs her business out of her home in PA, so we know grandmother does NOT need FULL time supervision. And do we have any recourse in seeing her, obtaining legal documents to prove she is POA, and seeing that current funds are used for the care of grandmother not her personal use. Sale from the home should be adquate funds to care for grandmother without seeking further salaries. I am not sure what other information would be helpful to obtain advice. Thank you.

Why are there terms for "visitation"? WTF?

Sounds like a greedy sister to me.

If granmother is failing mentally, I would think, no matter what state, she should be appointed a GAL.

I question if granny really knows what is going on. Is she being held against her will? How is this sister getting away with extorting the 3 sister out of money? "Pay or you can't see mom". I would talk to the Attorney Gereral in PA and explain the problem, they may be able to help in some way, give you advice on how to proceed.

There is something wrong with what is going on, that is for sure. I would look into getting greedy sister's POA revoked.

I believe her medical, physical needs are being met, I to agree she is not being made aware of what eldest A is pulling. Can the POA be revoked? How can we actually prove she is the POA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back