Is a promise a simple contract??

Status
Not open for further replies.

liahim

My parents divorced in 1966. My mother remarried immediately and separated from her 2nd husband in 1985.My father moved back in with my mother in 1991.He paid most of the utility bills and paid for a new roof. My brother built a large shed on my mother's property in 1996 for my father.My brother was killed in 2001. In 2003 mother left her home and moved into my stepfather's apartment. My mother spoke to me on the phone and promised me father could remain in her home until he wished otherwise or died. She remained in my stepfather's apartment about 18 months before requesting I move my father out of her house so she and my stepfather could move in.My mother promised at any time the family could come and remove the shed my late brother built to my father's new home.Since my father moved it's been one reason after another why the shed can't be moved.My stepfather broke the lock my husband put on the shed.He rearranged the contents and so he could move his stuff in.They have landscaped around it yet keep denying they own it.What are my fathers rights? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back