IRS investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphoto4you

My husband who was 88 passed away in february this year..he was M.D. and always worked for doctor...he got parkinsons in 2002...and was fired by a doctor who he worked for...manager of that office decided to open a clinic under her and her daughter name and had my husband work for her for $40 dollars an hour....She managed to milk medicare under my husband licence (even when he was in nursing facility)all through 2007...I took my husband out of nursing facility in 2006 and took care 24/7 she still kept billing medicare under my husband licence...She submited or medicare provider form 1099 that my husband earned $3,500,000 millions (she pocket money)and my husband got stuck with Taxes.....we havent seen a dime.....Now IRS launched criminal investigation after i alarmed FBI (after i received letter that i owe IRS 3,500.000 millions...)IRS subpeona bank accounts all the way back to 2003....
We have no house and i live in trailer...have nothing...This lady managed to create fraud..Ofcourse we filed join return .....How much am i liable and what is my future in here?
I spoke to the IRS investigation agent today and they asked me questions about this.they want me to supply anything i know about this fraud.....Do i need to get IMUNITY of any kind before i disclose anything i might know or was suspecious that these people were using my husband parkinsons inability to function and made him sign all kind a papers...even while in nursing facility...
Please NOTE: when he started this ordeal with this lady..i asked to be on the business...and she refused...due to the fact she was affraid i know and understand business to much....i have no money for lawyers.....i have nothing.....But me and dog...Please help me understand what should i do? the agent asked me not to talk to the lady....Thanks for your help

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing that you are also probably in your elder years. The first thing to do is not worry. I don't think anyone wants to hang on their wall that they convicted an older woman for what looks like fraud.

You may want to call up your state bar association and perhaps there might be an attorney who will help you pro bono. It doesn't seem like a very difficult issue. Listening to them will not hurt you. Speaking is something you need to be more careful of. The first step is to find out what they want.

It is probably very clear to them that you are a victim of fraud - after all, why are you the one living with your dog in a trailer? So don't worry and just be careful with what you say and perhaps you can explain to them how you feel about talking to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back