iphone repair

quack_

Jurisdiction
New York
Is that legal to buy some broken iphones from others. then send it back to apple to fix and sell?

Is that legal to buy some broken iphones from others. then send it back to apple to fix and sell?

I wouldn't suggest you try it, mate.

Apple isn't as stupid as their behavior at times might lead one to conclude.

Anything's LEGAL, until you get caught doing it.

Better safe than sorry, otherwise you'll be throwing good money chasing no money.

That's a stupid play to me, but I'm risk averse.

I wouldn't suggest you try it, mate.

Apple isn't as stupid as their behavior at times might lead one to conclude.

Anything's LEGAL, until you get caught doing it.

Better safe than sorry, otherwise you'll be throwing good money chasing no money.

That's a stupid play to me, but I'm risk averse.
so thats not doable?

so thats not doable?

You certainly can buy broken iPhones.
You can send them in to Apple and see if Apple fixes them for free.
That's your problem, mate.
People rarely fix things these days.
Why?
Stuff today is cheap, Chinese made junk.
If your junk breaks, you simply buy another piece of cheap, Chinese manufactured junk.
Now, if Apple fixes your broken junk you bought from someone, your next problem would be to get a sucker, err, customer to buy your recently repaired junk.
I see your efforts as a flawed business ploy.
If you get it to work, bully for you, buddy.

You certainly can buy broken iPhones.
You can send them in to Apple and see if Apple fixes them for free.
That's your problem, mate.
People rarely fix things these days.
Why?
Stuff today is cheap, Chinese made junk.
If your junk breaks, you simply buy another piece of cheap, Chinese manufactured junk.
Now, if Apple fixes your broken junk you bought from someone, your next problem would be to get a sucker, err, customer to buy your recently repaired junk.
I see your efforts as a flawed business ploy.
If you get it to work, bully for you, buddy.
so if I send like 20iphones a week( from a same person and mail address) Am i gonna get in trouble because normally people dont have these much phones.

so if I send like 20iphones a week( from a same person and mail address) Am i gonna get in trouble because normally people dont have these much phones.

I can't speak for what Apple or the authorities will do.
However, I'm guessing if you did as you suggested, Apple would simply return the items to you with a letter asking you to stop sending iPhones to them.

How much to you think it'll cost you to buy 20 used, broken iPhones?

How much do you think you can sell the phones for if Apple repaired them?

Why would someone want to buy a used, repaired iPhone?

Mate, your business model and business plan is flawed.
There's great risk in what you're thinking about doing.
Risk, not so much criminally, but risk in losing your investment.

As you were told elsewhere, this is not a legal question. The law does not prohibit you buying as many broken iPhones as you want, and you can send them all in to Apple if you like. But there is also nothing in the law that says Apple has to fix them all for free, or at all. If they want to say, No, we've fixed all the phones for you we're going to, nothing in the law is going to force them to do it. So as you were told elsewhere, you need to be asking Apple these questions, not a law board.

Where did he say fix for free? You can have Apple repair certain model iPhones for a fee. Depends upon damage. For instance iPhone 6 screen replace is 115USD. Buy low, sell high if you can; nothing illegal about it.

This isn't the first board I've seen his question...

And I didn't say it was illegal - in fact, I said it was not. But that doesn't mean Apple is required to fix them.

This isn't the first board I've seen his question...

And I didn't say it was illegal - in fact, I said it was not. But that doesn't mean Apple is required to fix them.

We posted at the same time. I was responding in regards to the judge's inference that this would somehow be done in an unscrupulous manner duping Apple into fixing them for free or under warranty. <--That's my inference from judge's replies.

If there are other posts from the OP on other boards giving more details...well, how should I know lol

so i can do buy those phones and send them back to apple right? the question is only if apple would fix for me or not ?

Why don't you head down to the Apple Store or contact them directly with your request? Ask them "I have this type of phone, this type of repair needed...can you fix it, how much will it cost?" Common sense man...

Why don't you head down to the Apple Store or contact them directly with your request? Ask them "I have this type of phone, this type of repair needed...can you fix it, how much will it cost?" Common sense man...
well im okay with bring one to the apple store. but it goes too slow by fixing one phone at a time. so i wanna know if i can just send them a bunch( so i dont have to go to the store ) Also i afraid that they dont help me fix if i bring in more than one.

We posted at the same time. I was responding in regards to the judge's inference that this would somehow be done in an unscrupulous manner duping Apple into fixing them for free or under warranty. <--That's my inference from judge's replies.

If there are other posts from the OP on other boards giving more details...well, how should I know lol

You see inferences and their cousins, intimation can mean many things.

You inferred or deduced from what you allege to be an INFERENCE that I referenced by sly inference, or clever innuendo that such actions as of which we're posting could seem to be unscrupulous.

I rather think you simply ASSumed.

Either way, so what?

We all have opinions.

I'm flattered to the object of your curiosity.

A very wise choice, too.

Follow me and you'll acquire wisdom beyond your wildest imagination.

Why?

How?

I'm the Wizard of Legal Punditry, ruling my domain from the safety, security, and solemnity of my deep in the wilderness, as well as the earth, palatial, opulent bunker.

Back