Business Debt, Collections Invoices past due -- Over 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_bobb

NY Based Company --
I am a Small Business owner. My Clinet owes me payments for Invoices from Jan-2011 thru Jun-2011, a total sum of over 100 Thousad dollars.

I owe this money to my vendors who provided services and my vendors are threatening law suits. How can I get the payments from my client? Is going to court the only way?

If he refuses to pay, a lawsuit is your only option.

I suggest you consult an attorney.

The amount owed ($100K) is over the small claim maximum.

And, when you prevail, you'll need a court that can attach his assets. An attorney will cost you, but you spend money to make money.

Thanks for replying ARMY-JUDGE.

The client is in Atlanta GA. He is not making payments for past invoices (Jan-Jun). I am a NY based Business. His contract that has payment terms (5 Days after client pays) says "Applicable Law. This Agreement will be governed by, and construed and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia."

Can I file a case in NY because I am a NY based company or should I file a case in GA court?

If he refuses to pay, a lawsuit is your only option.

I suggest you consult an attorney.

The amount owed ($100K) is over the small claim maximum.

And, when you prevail, you'll need a court that can attach his assets. An attorney will cost you, but you spend money to make money.

Unless you can convince him or come up with some sort of payment plan, then yes, court is your best option. Your vendors are going to take you to court, so you have to do the same to a client that does not pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back