Investigators who don't appear eager to investigate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGirl

Because of 2 people (a judge and plaintiff counsel) setting out to deceive about a hearing date which resulted in a default judgment, I filed complaints against both judge and attorney. I'm not holding my breath on either one getting results but I tried.

Anyway, since hizzoner didn't "do/" written orders of continuance or anything else in my case save eagerly sign the default judgment order, it's hard to prove who did what. However, the tape will reflect/prove (unless it got "damaged" or lost) that the date given me was the wrong one (try 2 months apart).

As such is there any help at all that should be forthcoming to get the tape transcript? An attorney of good standing said that the commission would get the transcript. He did not say they could, he said they would. Now I find that is not the case and because of the curtness with which I was advised of the fact that if I think it helps my case I should get it because they are not.

The facts are such that this tape could easily shed some very relevant light on the question I've raised. I would think they would want it. In fact, their NOT being interesting in obtaining it seems to me to be a matter of discrimination or bias. If they believe I'm not honest and thus are hesitant to pursue any investigation, it seems to me that their NOT WANTING it says to me that they believe I am telling the truth. I think if they thought they could prove I lied they would do whatever it took to get the tape in order to clear hizzoner.

The facts are that I say there is proof/evidence available yet they don't want to get it. I'm sure they will reluctantly accepted it if I perform my penance and am forced to pay for the evidence. But I am in the position of having to prove my statement of his deceit.

He has made his own statement on the default order, both judge and attorney stated when they prepared and/or signed the order that states specifically that I was duly served/summoned. Yet it appears there won't be any similar demand of him to prove HE DID summon or serve me with notice of the trial date.

A judge is supposed to avoid THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY. It seems to me that a judge who chooses not to do written orders on such important matters (since they can result in default judgments, which by the way this judge is extremely proficient in signing, say 100% of the time) appears to leave open the possibility of deceit whereas if he prepares written orders (and I don't mean a note inside the case file which can be changed if its just something he scribbled) then there would be no possibility for me or logic for me to assert deceit.

The investigators are not interested in investigating.

Do I have any chance of convincing them it is their obligation to get the tape? The "head guy" at the commission for judges gives off icy vibes. Might I try another way, to contact the committee for complaints about attorneys and ask him to get it?

Why make such a big deal of it? First of all its offensive to have to pay to prove my innocents, jump through hoops, drive a considerable distance to go to the courthouse to pay a MONEY ORDER just to order it and then drive back again to pick up the tape when its finally ready. No cash, no checks, no charge, no debit HAS TO BE MONEY ORDER. Now when I got copies of the documents in the file, oddly enough, I was forced to pay cash NO CHECKS, NO CHARGE, ETC. They can't seem to make up their mind which way they want it. it seems to me to be making things very difficult for me to find the time to go, the means to go, the money to get it, etc.

They are digging their feet in and I'm feeling my feet digging in as well. If this is just an exercise to see how far / how high I will jump then why bother?

Think of it this way -- how convinced would you be of say, a homicide investigator's skill/interest in doing a good job, if he refused to look at evidence and told all the eye witnesses that they need to buy the evidence and bring it to him, don't expect him to come get it.

To me, its an admission on their part that they are not investigators if any thing they are playing defense is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back