Consumer Fraud Investigator Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeruntaz

I used an online investigator to check out the source/owner of a domain name that used my name and was purchased at a very specific time when incidents in my life occurred. I know what WHOIS is and couldn't find answers there and figured an investigator can dig deeper than I knew. I paid for one in Colorado Springs and it wound up being a bad mistake. He insists on his "locktight" contract with his services and charges for everything. When he didn't produce anything, I questioned him and got a barrage of attacks that the services I paid for do not include consultations -of which all I asked was if he found something when I got nothing. I stopped payment on my card and he stated that they will side with him and he will also charge for all "consultations" regarding the dispute. We tried the BBB and he rejected it. The credit card company sided with me but now he hired a collections agency to get his billed time to respond to the dispute as well as their fee. If the charge dispute was not in his favor, shouldn't any of his services be moot? Can he collect that charge via collections agency which could ding my credit. If he can collect a fee like that -he could basically collect any fee?

He might be able to ding your credit.
If he does, dispute it.
Otherwise,he can't collect anything, unless he sues you and obtains a judgment.
In the meantime, stop communicating or corresponding with him.
Unless you do something stupid, there's nothing more he can do to you.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back