intimadation from landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwrrl

Our landlord lives next door to my husband and I and our three children.
We are very clean and respectful tennants.He takes a nap every day and we stop whatever it is we are doing out side and go inside for a while.He complains when my children play he tells them to keep quiet in a rude manner and watches every thing we do out his window.All of us feel we cannot be ourselves anymore without him calling us or coming over and complaining when nothing is wrong.He makes our company feel uncomfortable.He has even made threats to children who are visiting.He told a little girl "you kick my dog I'll kick you". when she was only trying keep from the dog knocking her over.Another time I was babysitting my nephew he called and said "who's kid is that out there?Tell him to be quiet or I'll come stick something down his thoat".
We are always so uncomfortable. we are afraid to go about our daily lives he has something to say about every move we make.My children don't like to play out side as much as they should.It is like we are living in some kind of prison camp.
What can I do about this until I am able to find another place to live?
And is it leagel for him to recive his mail in our mail box?

At this point I'm not sure that there is much you can do. There is little in the way of enforcement and it would seem that your best bet is to talk to the landlord and try to work something out. What is your lease situation like?

skwrrl said:
Our landlord lives next door to my husband and I and our three children.
We are very clean and respectful tennants.He takes a nap every day and we stop whatever it is we are doing out side and go inside for a while.He complains when my children play he tells them to keep quiet in a rude manner and watches every thing we do out his window.All of us feel we cannot be ourselves anymore without him calling us or coming over and complaining when nothing is wrong.He makes our company feel uncomfortable.He has even made threats to children who are visiting.He told a little girl "you kick my dog I'll kick you". when she was only trying keep from the dog knocking her over.Another time I was babysitting my nephew he called and said "who's kid is that out there?Tell him to be quiet or I'll come stick something down his thoat".
We are always so uncomfortable. we are afraid to go about our daily lives he has something to say about every move we make.My children don't like to play out side as much as they should.It is like we are living in some kind of prison camp.
What can I do about this until I am able to find another place to live?
And is it leagel for him to recive his mail in our mail box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back