Interspousal Deed

RJcollins

Jurisdiction
California
Hello Riverside, Ca.

Recently purchasing a home with the Calhfa Program. My husband and I were on the loan process, but one week before excrow closed I had a medical bill pop up on my credit report. Unfortunately I could not qualify although all my credit cards were paid on time never late. My medical bill was from a spinal injury from a fall when I went to the ER and before I could make arrangements it popped on my credit report. My question is I signed a interpersonal deed in order that my husband can get the house on the title because we were ready to close excrow and I wanted my kids to have a home.

Can I ever get my name on the title? And how do I do this with a medical bill in collections? Fha streamline I was told doesnt not check credit...although I have made payment plans to pay this medical bill regardless....what is the best way to get my name on the title. I feel like my husband and I were separated. What are my rights if my husband passes? Sorry for all the questions I'm just very stressed out about the ways things turned out. Thanks for your help

What are my rights if my husband passes?

You have certain inherent marital protections because you are living in California.

I suggest you speak to a lawyer as to HOW you can have your name placed on the deed.

As far as what happens if he predeceases you, with minor children, very little will change.

However, don't trust your future to FREE internet chatter.

You and he should sort this out using the services of an attorney hired on behalf of your community property and the marriage.

Back