Internet Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy623

I am new here and I have an question but first let me explain my situation.
Contrary to what the majority think just because a parent is accused of child abuse or neglect does not mean they are guilty. I am one of many who was accused and have been fighting the distruction of my family for years. During my struggle I became an actve family rights advocate and activist. There is another woman who claims she is the founder of advocacy and makes her money off this issue particularly by teaching others to advocate. I apparently am not a qualified advocate beause I was not taught by her. Anyway she has a website which she has used to viciously attack me making claims of my committing felonies and being mentally ill, keeping a filthy house and attemptiong to steal other peoples children. I have never done these things she refuses to post any proof of her allegations (as she obviously has none). I just cannot believe this and in the begingin I tried to reason with her and expressed that these allegations were false and damaging to my reputation. I had an acident last november which caused a significant memory loss and she posted this as well stating I did not remember my children and that I stole this from a movie and was a liar a con artist and dangerous. This has harmed my children and my life and I want to take action. I talked with the webhosting and they refused to remove her site I talked with the search engine and they refused to remove it. i even talked to Yahoo as she posted things to web groups and they refuse to help. She lives in a different state then me.

My question is through what court do I take legal action. She was sent a demand in writing to stop the slander and remove the false information as well as to appoligize. She claimed truth is an absolute defence. I said "post the proof," she said "I don't have to."

What can I do?

I am not the only person she has done this to. Another woman read a death threat posted by this woman because of her religious beliefs.

Any ideas???

To begin, I would write a letter and send it certified return receipt to all the entities you list below. I would make sure that they are addressed to the legal department of each entity if there is one. I would also check the terms of service for each entity to ensure that the TOS is not being violated, which I'm sure it is. Most will not allow members to commit acts that are illegal or may cause liability and this is certainly such an instance. I would point out the violations to the terms of service by the member and state that in bringing a lawsuit for damages that the company would be included as a contributor. I would also state all prior communications and warnings that have been ignored by the entities and that they would be liable for their actions in a court of law.

Chances are that the ISP won't want to be entangled in a legal mess. If you need to go to court, you may need to go to a court that has power of injunction, that would forbid the individual from doing the action that you are complaining. I'm not sure if a criminal court will give you any protection without more. This is yet another serious problem caused by the low barriers of entry into the Internet and small claims will unfortunately not help you since it is only a monetary remedy.

mommy623 said:
I am new here and I have an question but first let me explain my situation.
Contrary to what the majority think just because a parent is accused of child abuse or neglect does not mean they are guilty. I am one of many who was accused and have been fighting the distruction of my family for years. During my struggle I became an actve family rights advocate and activist. There is another woman who claims she is the founder of advocacy and makes her money off this issue particularly by teaching others to advocate. I apparently am not a qualified advocate beause I was not taught by her. Anyway she has a website which she has used to viciously attack me making claims of my committing felonies and being mentally ill, keeping a filthy house and attemptiong to steal other peoples children. I have never done these things she refuses to post any proof of her allegations (as she obviously has none). I just cannot believe this and in the begingin I tried to reason with her and expressed that these allegations were false and damaging to my reputation. I had an acident last november which caused a significant memory loss and she posted this as well stating I did not remember my children and that I stole this from a movie and was a liar a con artist and dangerous. This has harmed my children and my life and I want to take action. I talked with the webhosting and they refused to remove her site I talked with the search engine and they refused to remove it. i even talked to Yahoo as she posted things to web groups and they refuse to help. She lives in a different state then me.

My question is through what court do I take legal action. She was sent a demand in writing to stop the slander and remove the false information as well as to appoligize. She claimed truth is an absolute defence. I said "post the proof," she said "I don't have to."

What can I do?

I am not the only person she has done this to. Another woman read a death threat posted by this woman because of her religious beliefs.

Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back