International Divorce from pending K3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe122

In 2002, I married a Russian citizen in Jamaica. We have yet since completed her VISA process. Currently, she resides in Jamaica and reside in the US. We have been separated for nearly 8 months. She refuses to work. Hard times have degraded our relationship as I have come abroad to find work (unsuccessfully) and her loyalty ended with the pay checks. Our relationship has affectionately ended and she has no intent on rejoining me, no intent on remaining my wife other than documents to enter the US and states she needs nothing else from me, but those documents. I agreed reluctantly under threat she would sue me for spousal support.

I am currently having second thoughts.

- We are the same age.
- Both of us have held jobs. She's currently in Jamaica under the premise of a work permit awaiting completion of her K3 as my wife.
- She has never set foot in the US.
- For the most part, neither one of us had an income in 2008 and I am barely working now. What little I earn goes back to her. In 2007, my income was sizable. She is threatening to sue for support if I stop sending her money.
- Along with her demands to be taken care of, she is stating she wanted to keep this friendly, but I need to do more or she will talk to a lawyer to see what her rights are - should I decide not to continue to help her out.
- We have not resided together for almost a years.
- I have filed a petition for her but I have not signed an affidavit of support because I had no income to file taxes for in 2008. I require a cosponsor.

She has become intolerable with her lack of respect. And possibly plans to enter this country with someone else. I do not want to complete her VISA. We will not be husband and wife and I do not think there is even a remote chance of us being together. She wants nothing more from me than money and documents.

- Is she entitle to spousal support?
- How do I end a marriage like this?
- Is there a law firm anyone would recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back