Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Internal Theft~Shoplifting (I am so scared)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatdunoir

I live in the state of washington and I was caught on December 31, 2004 stealing from my employer. I have disgraced myself and my family. I confessed and agreed to pay and signed a statement. I am currently trying to look for a job because i was told by the officer i was not convicted yet so nothing should be on my crimiinal history. Well that was not correct. I applied to a video store and they sent me a not telling me what was on my history. I want to know what is going to happen to me. The original amount was $246.70 and i was told by the officer and the loss protection people that in the state of Washington that is a misdemeanor. Then I got a notice from the company telling me it was less and explaining how i can pay. The amount was $235 why would that be? I agreed and signed a paper to my past employer saying that i would pay them back. I want to know what is going to happen to me. I am currently a student and I am trying to turn my life around. I made a huge mistake that is costing me my sanity and my family. What places can i apply too, i don't have money to get an attorney so do i wait until i go to court and plead. I have never had a ticket, i am an excellent student. Will this help me at all. What i kind of a job can i get? The officer came and took my statement i was not take down to the station though. I am still waiting for the notice in the mail. What do I do? Will this always be on my record, can i get it expunged, what do i do? I need help!!!! I am very scared.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem and hear the worry and concern in your voice. What has happened so far? Did you get taken to court? I believe that you can work something out where adjudication of your guilt is withheld and if you pass a period of probationary time you will be able to have nothing on your record and the case will be dropped as though it is dismissed. Expungement may be an option for you too but I think in Washington you may have to wait 2 years before you can apply. Good luck.

chatdunoir said:
I live in the state of washington and I was caught on December 31, 2004 stealing from my employer. I have disgraced myself and my family. I confessed and agreed to pay and signed a statement. I am currently trying to look for a job because i was told by the officer i was not convicted yet so nothing should be on my crimiinal history. Well that was not correct. I applied to a video store and they sent me a not telling me what was on my history. I want to know what is going to happen to me. The original amount was $246.70 and i was told by the officer and the loss protection people that in the state of Washington that is a misdemeanor. Then I got a notice from the company telling me it was less and explaining how i can pay. The amount was $235 why would that be? I agreed and signed a paper to my past employer saying that i would pay them back. I want to know what is going to happen to me. I am currently a student and I am trying to turn my life around. I made a huge mistake that is costing me my sanity and my family. What places can i apply too, i don't have money to get an attorney so do i wait until i go to court and plead. I have never had a ticket, i am an excellent student. Will this help me at all. What i kind of a job can i get? The officer came and took my statement i was not take down to the station though. I am still waiting for the notice in the mail. What do I do? Will this always be on my record, can i get it expunged, what do i do? I need help!!!! I am very scared.

Just got my arraingment~not sure what to do~ Please HELP its this upcoming monday 31s

I just got my court date for Jan. 31st which is this upcoming court date. I want to plead guilty because i am and there would be no point to lie. I just want this done and over with because i can't seem to get a job. I want to know how I can have my record expunged in the state of washington and how long that will have to take. I made a stupid mistake and I don't want it to effect my family or the rest of my life. How much could i possibly have to pay, does ne one know how i can get a job? Why is there documentation on my record already if i Haven't even been to court yet? How am I suppose to get a job? Please help, I have no idea how to do this and my family is really on my back to make this go away or find out answers to my questions. I need some answers and I hope someone is kind enough to help me
thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back