interim urgency moratorium

D

Daniel6

Jurisdiction
California
I live in Norco, CA. The city has changed the accessory building ordinance and the council completed the first read of the ordinance two weeks ago. They are schedule to complete and vote on the second read this week. They will also vote on an interim urgency ordinance to block any non-approved projects during the 30 day period before the new ordinance takes effect. Is this legal? I am under the understanding that an urgency ordinance is issued when the public safety is endangered and it is not at this time. The new proposed requirements also have a severe impact on the overall development of the properties of the city.

If you have a concern about council matters you need to attend the counsel meeting and bring the issue forward. You can also contact the city attorney for any clarification on council rules.

I am under the understanding

Whenever somebody says that it means they haven't actually read the law and don't have a clue as to what it actually says.

The new proposed requirements also have a severe impact on the overall development of the properties of the city.

Really?

How would you even begin to know how the overall development of the properties of the city will be impacted?

In other words, do you even have a dog in the race?

Back