1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Fraud Consumer Fraud

Discussion in 'Consumer Fraud & Scams' started by hzepponi, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hzepponi

hzepponi Law Topic Starter New Member

I was called by my past insurance company that I am being investigated for Insurance fraud. My ex-boyfriend paid my insurance as agreed back at the time and now accusing me of using his credit card without him being aware. I have a meeting set up to give a recorded statement with a the insurance investigator and need to know if I should get a lawyer? If so, should I seek the lawyer before the recorded statement?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Never discuss anything about ANY crime you are at risk of being charged with committing.

Simply REFUSE to give the statement. You aren't required to answer any questions about crimes that are lurking over your head. You do KNOW you can't be forced to incriminate yourself, right? You do know you have the RIGHT to remain silent, and that ANYTHING you SAY can and may be used against you in a court of law, right?

Never confess to anyone but a priest, preacher, holy man, no one. Confessions are for prayer time, not court time. So, politely tell the insurance INVESTIGATOR, that under advice of counsel, you cannot discuss anything about this matter.

Then, go discuss the ACCUSATION with a lawyer. If what you posted is accurate, you have a classic HE SAID -SHE SAID.

Time to shut up like a clam. Then lawyer up and wait!!!!

hzepponi likes this.
  3. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

Clam up. His time to object was when the credit card statement came.

4. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

"Clam up" & then get a lawyer as army judge suggested.