Insurance company not wanting to honor my full coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper3184

I got into an accident on the freeway last Thursday. I rear ended a guy on the freeway wen everyone slammed on their brakes I tried to stop but couldn't. I was the driver and it was my husbands truck. My vehicle was in the shop so that is why I was using his truck but his truck isn't on my policy but my policy had full coverage and rental car coverage. My insurance company should be covering it as a substitute vehicle on my full coverage since with full coverage it covers what I am driving at that moment. My insurance company keeps reeling me that they are unsure if they can cover it and keep saying they will get back to me. It's been almost a week and still no answers. I also have been with out a car even though I pay for rental car coverage. I have missed a day of work and am having to get people to take me to work so I don't loose my job. I pay for full coverage and rental car coverage for issues like this but they are not honoring what I am paying for. I will have to rent a car on my own dime just so I can make it to work for the next few days maybe longer but I have rental car coverage. I would like to know who they think they are going to get away with this and what I can do? I am more then willing to take them to court.

It seems they have not made any decisions yet. You will simply have to wait.
If you pay for a rental you can likely get them to reimburse some of the cost if their decision goes in your favor.

I may be wrong, but I thought when driving another vehicle as you were that YOU would be covered, as well as any damage that you cause to others, but the damage to the vehicle you were driving should be claimed on the policy that covers that vehicle.

Have you contacted the insurance company that covers that truck?

Thank you for your reply. I had contacted the other insurance company on the truck but there is only liability, but since I was the driver my full coverage should be covering the truck as a substitute vehicle. Like you said I will have to wait thank you.

Personally, I don't think you will have much luck with this one, but if you have convincing language in your policy then be confident and hold them to it. You should expect them to decline and you will likely have to appeal, so be prepared.

If you and hubby have the same registered address, you must be on his policy and he on yours OR be excluded drivers. Otherwise, when you drive the others vehicle, you do not have coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back