Insurance claims woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphrosune

I recently called my former dentist to get my dental records and the manager informed me that they never sent the claim in to have the insurance company pay for the their portion of the wisdom tooth extraction. She said that she will submit the claim now, but that if the insurance company doesn't pay up (5 years after the procedure!) I would be responsible for the remaining balance.

I was furious when I had to hear what she said. I already paid my part of the bill and because of their neglect, they will foist the bill onto me if my insurance company doesn't pay up. Do I have any rights in this situation? I don't think I should be responsible for the bill when they screwed up and never sent the claim in to the insurance company. I'm thinking about suing if they bill me for this. If it comes to that, do I stand a good chance of winning?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

The insurance company is not going to pay. If the dentist sends you a bill, tell him to bite rocks.

The statute of limitations has probably expired. Even if they were to put it on your credit report, it will be almost over the 7 year mark and you can dispute it that for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back