Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Inside Job - Shady Management company

Status
Not open for further replies.

neukyn

My wife and I came home yesterday morning while I went to take a shower my wife started to clean. About a minute later I heard her screaming, when I opened the bathroom door I saw a man running out of our apartment. I gave chase to no avail because I was not dressed. my wife was in a very fragile state I held her then she looked at me and said that it was the supervisor of the maintenance dept for our building that jumped out of the closet when she was about to open it. We called the police and they arrested him 10 minutes later because his alibi couldn't hold water. While my wife was in the police precinct they informed her that he has priors for grand larceny. The management company is not taking any accountability for this and does not even want to reimburse us for changing our locks unless we use their locksmith. My wife was hurt because he pushed her out of the way and she fell on to a bicycle goring her leg. We also found out during this ordeal that there were multiple break ins in the last couple of months in our complex. We would like to file a lawsuit against the management company but was seeking some advice before proceeding.

What did the police arrest him for? Burglary?

If your wife needs compensation for any injury she received that could be handled by the court when it addresses the charges he was arrested for. You could also file a civil suit if it is a significant amount worth pursuing... but easiest to let the criminal court handle it because he is probably unlikely to pay anyway.

Regarding the door locks, the management is right.

You do not have any grounds to file a lawsuit against the management company... at least not from what you say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back