Ins. Co. Wrongfully Submitted My Name as At Fault for an Accident I Was Never In

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdean1969

Hi, I have been paying a deductible for the past year for an accident I was never in. :no:

The state of Massachusetts claimed I was at fault for an accident that occurred back in October 2005. I was actually in an accident in October of 2004 (not at-fault, was rear-ended), so I just assumed that it was a clerical error on the DMV's end. The DMV finally told me several weeks ago the ins. co. that submitted that information. I used to have that specific ins. co. until 2002.

I've since moved to Missouri. When the new insurance did a background check, that's when this accident in 2005 showed up. So we've been paying a surcharge since then, probably over $600 more than we should have since we got the insurance.

So come to find out, the insurance company in Massachusetts had submitted my name to the DMV instead of the person who really was at fault. That person's last name matches my maiden name, so I think that's where the mix-up happened.

I'm bracing myself for a fight, but would like to know who owes me that money, my current insurance company, or the insurance company in Massachusetts. Anyone have any idea or advice?

Thank you!:angel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back