Injured during personal training session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota

I recently had an MRI that showed that I have a herniated disc, which I have been suffering from since a personal training session at a fitness center I am a member of. The injury happened on Sept. 27th and I have spent a good amount of money on chiropractic visits and doctor visits, along with the MRI. It has been recommended that I now need surgery to repair the disc.

There are circumstances in how the fitness center is operated, that make me feel that they are responsible for the environment that allowed my injury to occur. The personal training contract does state that I can not hold them responsible for injuries but, because of these circumstances I refer to, I feel like I might have legal recourse.

Does this sound like I might have a ligitimate personal injury case?

I recently had an MRI that showed that I have a herniated disc, which I have been suffering from since a personal training session at a fitness center I am a member of. The injury happened on Sept. 27th and I have spent a good amount of money on chiropractic visits and doctor visits, along with the MRI. It has been recommended that I now need surgery to repair the disc.

There are circumstances in how the fitness center is operated, that make me feel that they are responsible for the environment that allowed my injury to occur. The personal training contract does state that I can not hold them responsible for injuries but, because of these circumstances I refer to, I feel like I might have legal recourse.

Does this sound like I might have a ligitimate personal injury case?

Unfortunately, I see no culpability on the part of the center.

You can always sue.

I doubt, however, your ability to recover.

Sounds like you answered your own question. You have a contract that you already agreed to.
You can speak with a personal injury attorney, but don't expect to get very far.

That said, perhaps if you explain these circumstances it could look a little different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back