1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Injunction against my boyfriend in our decree.

Discussion in 'Other Family Law Matters' started by PiaffePonyTx, Oct 24, 2017.

  1. PiaffePonyTx

    PiaffePonyTx Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I’m in Texas.

    My ex husband and I were together 11 years and a buddy he met in the marines was our roommate when we first moved in together. We’ve all been best friends since then. When my ex left, the bestie helped me finish a few projects on the farm and Ex got mad and dumped him.

    Our divorce took 13 months to complete. One of the issues we fought over was my ex’s brother. He wanted to move his brother in with him to watch our 8 y/o son while my ex slept during the day (he worked nights). His brother is a severe alcoholic who lives off disability. He is filthy, a compulsive liar, vomits and/or pees in random spots through out the house and he tried to choke me once. Needless to say, hell would freeze over before I let that happen. I wanted to include an injunction against his brother living with him since we agreed to 50/50 custody.

    Because my ex is a petty narcissist, he agreed to allow the injunction against his brother if we included the same injunction against the bestie. At the time, I had never planned on being in a relationship with the bestie so I agreed immediately.

    You guessed it... after a few horrible dating disasters and a few drinks later.. one thing led to another and now we’ve been together for a year. The bestie turned boyfriend lives a couple miles away and we’re both sick of the back and forth between our homes and would like to take our relationship to the next level. He’s also talked about marriage...

    How do I fix this?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. ElleMD

    ElleMD Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    You go back to court and petition to have the injunction removed. I have no idea why you would agree to one in the first place, but you did. Now you have to have the court order amended to allow this non-threatening person to be around the child.
  3. zddoodah

    zddoodah Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    "ElleMD's" is correct. However, we have no way of knowing if the court will seriously entertain such a petition since you're the one who agreed to the injunction and, with knowledge of same, entered into a relationship with this man. Consult with a local family law attorney.

Share This Page