Injunction against county , etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

obo01

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Would the injunction be helpful for stopping the visits, etc by deputy etc?

This attorney I found today is willing to file a injunction and file on my behalf all under $200 with the federal court against the recent experience I've had with a visit by a deputy etc

This attorney I found today is willing to file a injunction and file on my behalf all under $200 with the federal court against the recent experience I've had with a visit by a deputy etc
Depends on why the Deputy is visiting you.

Your frequent use of "etc" doesn't really help explain anything. Exactly what visits are you seeking to prevent? You cannot get an injunction preventing the officer from coming to your home to carry out his/her official duties. So the details count here.

Look, litigating in federal court, especially against the government, is not cheap. The filing fee for the complaint alone is $402. And a well drafted complaint for federal court would take several hours to draft, I don't see many good attorneys who'd be willing to do that for just $200. And the complaint is just the start of the process. There are motions that may need to be filed, there's discovery to do, and perhaps more depending on how the case progresses.

Your frequent use of "etc" doesn't really help explain anything. Exactly what visits are you seeking to prevent? You cannot get an injunction preventing the officer from coming to your home to carry out his/her official duties. So the details count here.

Look, litigating in federal court, especially against the government, is not cheap. The filing fee for the complaint alone is $402. And a well drafted complaint for federal court would take several hours to draft, I don't see many good attorneys who'd be willing to do that for just $200. And the complaint is just the start of the process. There are motions that may need to be filed, there's discovery to do, and perhaps more depending on how the case progresses.

Okay thanks for all that info. I'm not ready for all that stuff right now. But maybe down the road.

Use of "etc." only works when a reader can reasonably infer what it means in the context of the sentence. In this case, that's not possible for either of your uses of "etc." in this sentence. Also visits to whom and for what purpose?

This attorney I found today is willing to file a injunction and file on my behalf all under $200 with the federal court

Cool, except that an attorney cannot file an injunction. An attorney can file an application or motion for an injunction, but only a court can file an injunction. Also $200 is such an absurdly low amount of money for something like this as not to be believable.

He offered to file for me as I viewed the US Courts website that it said form is for Pro Se filers.

The attorney is a braggert and shows his Avvo rating. Still he doesn't respond back quickly so makes me wonder if he is any good at all at what he does

He offered to file for me as I viewed the US Courts website that it said form is for Pro Se filers.

That means he's taking no responsibility for what is filed — the court would assume you prepared the pro se document and if it was screwed up, you'd pay the price.

The attorney is a braggert and shows his Avvo rating. Still he doesn't respond back quickly so makes me wonder if he is any good at all at what he does

Good attorneys don't need to brag. Their work speaks for them. Whether he's any good at litigation can't be determined by how fast he responds, but you certainly can infer that he probably doesn't provide great client service if he doesn't respond in a timely manner. Again, you get what you pay for. This guy willing to do a pro se form for you for $200 does not inspire much confidence.

That means he's taking no responsibility for what is filed — the court would assume you prepared the pro se document and if it was screwed up, you'd pay the price.

Good attorneys don't need to brag. Their work speaks for them. Whether he's any good at litigation can't be determined by how fast he responds, but you certainly can infer that he probably doesn't provide great client service if he doesn't respond in a timely manner. Again, you get what you pay for. This guy willing to do a pro se form for you for $200 does not inspire much confidence.

Agree. He is a DUI attorney that advertises on Craigslist a lot.

I consulted a really cool attorney they said injunction won't work, and he said whoever visited me does that randomly to people for $$$ and show the law is around. I don't have to answer door next time either ;)

I do have a traffic debt fine issue but local attorneys just say pay. I don't want to pay a city where rioters looted stores and the mayor praised such riots and looters. I think the rioters should pay my fines

I do have a traffic debt fine issue but local attorneys just say pay. I don't want to pay a city where rioters looted stores and the mayor praised such riots and looters. I think the rioters should pay my fines

That's illogical. Your fine is for the traffic offense you committed. It has nothing to do with the rioters or the city's response. You were found to have violated the law, you pay the penalty for it. No judge will say you are excused from paying it just because you don't like how the city handled the riots. You don't like how the city is run then you vote out the mayor and city council.

That's illogical. Your fine is for the traffic offense you committed. It has nothing to do with the rioters or the city's response. You were found to have violated the law, you pay the penalty for it. No judge will say you are excused from paying it just because you don't like how the city handled the riots. You don't like how the city is run then you vote out the mayor and city council.

The IRS and FBI made headlines bringing some officials to jail over this program plus lots of lawsuits over the program as corrupt.

Illogical? Yes the fines are retarded as are the people that push those laws

The IRS and FBI made headlines bringing some officials to jail over this program plus lots of lawsuits over the program as corrupt.

I didn't vote them in. I was just passing through town. I can't help how they have gray areas in laws here in the burbs of Chicago. I'll just move out of the city.

What program? What does it have to do with your traffic fine?

Whatever the program is, what you stated before was that you objected to paying for the fines because of riots and how the city treated the rioters. That has nothing to do with your traffic fine and it is illogical to connect the two.

If you choose not to pay the fine you may later discover that the state will suspend your driver's license. In addition, the longer you delay paying, the more it'll cost you when you finally have to pay. So it's up to you, but the smart move for you, as those attorneys you asked told you, is to pay the fine.

Everyone probably has at least one law they don't like. But they don't get to decide that they can just ignore the laws they don't like without consequence. We live in a democracy — so if the majority favors a law or program you don't like, that's just the way it goes. If we want democracy we have to accept that sometimes the majority is going to come out against us. If you don't understand that then perhaps a civics refresher for you would be helpful.

You don't like how the city is run then you vote out the mayor and city council.

Some exercise their right to "beat feet" or "cut a chogie".
The USA has it's issues, but there are still many excellent places to call home.

What about the rights in the Bill of Rights ? Like concerning Excessive fines and fees?

Lots of lawsuits have proven democracy is absent of logic. Abe Lincoln said once We The People are masters of the courts, etc. Sounds like the judges and mayors make money off the poor and call it justice smells like corruption to me. Youre right they can suspend etc. But they can be sued. It has happened and federal courts have already ruled in many state cases that the municipal is not above the law, just stating the facts :)

Was on a dating website. Lady said she wanted my contact info. She never answered my questions like how is your day going , etc

I did ask a consumer class action attorney to look into the intersection of where ticket took place. He sued a city and won a similar case in my state. He is looking into see if the traffic camera is in a lawful area of the intersection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back