initiatives and referenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeverish

i notice not to many people use this post section. well i have all sorts of questions and need for help. here's one of the first things i'd like to work on.

my state WI doesn't have voter initiatives or referenda. i would like to change this. i would like to be able to put together a petition to help motivate our representatives to recognize this right of the people. i have the ability and resources to create and market the petition online and off. with the help of many grassroot organizations. but what i lack is the actual verbage for the petition itself. if anyone here could help me with this not only myself but the voters of WI would thank.

Originally posted by bfeverish
i notice not to many people use this post section. well i have all sorts of questions and need for help. here's one of the first things i'd like to work on.

my state WI doesn't have voter initiatives or referenda. i would like to change this. i would like to be able to put together a petition to help motivate our representatives to recognize this right of the people. i have the ability and resources to create and market the petition online and off. with the help of many grassroot organizations. but what i lack is the actual verbage for the petition itself. if anyone here could help me with this not only myself but the voters of WI would thank.

What exactly do you want to accomplish? Are you saying that not enough people know how to put together a referenda for voter consideration? This can be complicated if so and there are courses that do educate people on how to accomplish this in many places. What are your thoughts on this?

no. wisconsin doesn't have voter initiatives and referendums. i would like to change this.

what i need is the legal verbage for such a request.

i would be intersted in classes though. who do you recommend i contact?

Originally posted by bfeverish
no. wisconsin doesn't have voter initiatives and referendums. i would like to change this.

what i need is the legal verbage for such a request.

i would be intersted in classes though. who do you recommend i contact?
I don't think it happens so easily. I took a continuing legal education class on lobbying and learned how this is accomplished. You could probably try the bar association in your area or just do a search online and find someone that is having a class or CLE on legislative lobbying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back