Criminal Law Initiating Revocation of Green Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

smmatteson

Here's a brief rundown of the person in questions past.

She was a US Marine who was "Other Than Honorably" (OTH) discharged for a pattern of misconduct. She had a Summary Court Martial, for cocaine, and subsequent Non Judicial Punishment (NJP) which established her pattern. Her OTH discharge means she is not eligeable to be natrualized in the US. She has to be a Green Card holder for the rest of the time she resides in the US.

Her civilian life has not been better. She has been arrested for prostitution, which was bargained down to disorderly conduct, conveying threats x2, simple assault, 2d degree trespass x2, and some other finance charge. All of them misdemeanors.

Recently she had to replace her Green Card and based on her past conduct I have reason to believe she lied on the paperwork to replace it. Of course I have no way to prove it unless FOIA applies to USCIS documents.

How do I start revocation and deportation procedings on this person as they are not "Of Good Moral Character" as the US Constitution and US Code state?

Last edited:
What business is this of yours?

You have no standing to revoke anything or commence deportation proceedings. All you can do is make your report to USCIS.

They will take it from there - or not.

What business is this of yours?

You have no standing to revoke anything or commence deportation proceedings. All you can do is make your report to USCIS.

They will take it from there - or not.

I have a stake in the outcome. If I wanted to air all my laundry I would have.

So where is the repoort line? I have been to the USCIS website and they seem to not want to be called or emailed because I see no link for either with a number that would be for other than getting legal.

Ah - you mean you sponsored her and want the I-864 revoked? ;)

You may find yourself gravely disappointed if that's the case; most misdemeanors are not deportable offenses. But by all means, call the main number (it's a free call) and they'll direct you (eventually).

If I'm correct - and I apologize if I'm wrong - I think you're honestly out of luck. Her immigration status will have been disclosed in court, and if nothing happened at that time...it's more than likely that nothing will happen at this point.

No, I did not sponsor her. She is my sons mother. She leads a not so good lifestyle and is, IMHO, not fit to raise my son. This is more of a custody issue for me. I think my son would be better off with me and all she really wants is a paycheck.

I understand misdemeanors by themselves are not deportable but a string of them might be. As long as I can get something going on her it may be enough of a distraction for her to go in to hiding and forget my custody case. I really don't think this podunk town questons immigration status when attending court. She had several offenses without even posessing her card when she got picked up. which is a misdemeanor by itself, and never got charged for it.

Are USCIS applications/documents releasable under the FOIA? If so, I'd love to see if she was forthcoming during her most recent replacement of her lost green card. Fraud, from what I've read, on those type of documents, is a deportable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back