Informal marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillywillies3

i have been going through a divorce now for about 10 months and my ex and i were living together for 7 years and married on paper for two. We have a 14 year old daughter that he voluntarily signed paternity rights on when we started living together. he has never paid child support or medical insurance on her while we were together. we held our self out as being married to our family and friends, he now claims NOT SO! He and his lawyer contend that we only have to divide what was assets were accumulated over the two years we were married on paper, even though i helped pay for all the other assets along with the care of my daughter medical insurance. we never paid our taxes together because he had a small business and kept everything seperate. im getting duped both ways i cant even get but 2 years back child support if have to go that route.:confused::mad
in texas

It ain't over until it is over. However, there are a number of states that do not deal with the "living together" situation in the same manner as when one is married. With a child, that might be different. Do you have an attorney to advise you on the problem that is currently confronting you? Note -- your ex can claim whatever he wants but that still doesn't mean that the truth isn't obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back