1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Info for my SF86

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by Reaper561, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Reaper561

Reaper561 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    Hello all,
    I am currently in the military and switching to a job that requires a Top secret clearance. When I was 12/13 I got into trouble at school (never arrested, just had parents called I finished the rest of the day at school). The following weekend I had to go to the court house to talk to a police officer which I did and he sent me to some therapist lady who I talked to for 30 minutes before she dismissed me because in her words “ I have no clue why you’re even here” . So the question is could something like this even be on my record at all I have to fill out a SF86 and one question states have you ever had a court order or administrative agency send you to a psychologist psychiatrist therapist etc etc . Would this even be on my record at all?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Most job applications & questionnaires request ADULT information, not information from events encountered as a minor.

In all reality, I suspect the incident wasn't formally documented.

I know what the SF586 is in the US Government "standard form" family.

To help other posters as they respond, it might be useful to provide a definition for the uninformed in "gubmintspeak".