Other Criminal Procedure Indiana expungement and FBI checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was granted an expungement of a theft charge on Oct 30. I wish to obtain an AZ fingerprint card and am concerned that my arrest will preclude me from obtaining it. Does Indiana expungement protect me from this?

An expungement doesn't HIDE or wash away the criminal stain that ALL government agencies and many employers can see.

When they print you, the arrest will be returned. Why? Because what you did was ONLY for Indiana. The FBI maintains those print cards. No state court can order the FBI to destroy your arrest prints.

An expungement or expunction isn't a PARDON.

I'm afraid the THEFT incident will haunt you for decades!!!!

Last edited:
Most (if not all) government bodies have access to your records even if they've been expunged.

Agree, generally can still be seen by government agencies, licensing boards, courts, law enforcement, military, FBI, certain employers (ie hospitals). It can depend on the employer, the type & how thorough of a background check is done.

Agree, generally can still be seen by government agencies, licensing boards, courts, law enforcement, military, FBI, certain employers (ie hospitals). It can depend on the employer, the type & how thorough of a background check is done.

Plus colleges and school districts, as well as public welfare and human services agencies; including unemployment insurance agencies/bureaus.

Once they take the mugshot and the fingerprints, its like posting an email or to the internet, it never goes away.

Plus colleges and school districts, as well as public welfare and human services agencies; including unemployment insurance agencies/bureaus.

Once they take the mugshot and the fingerprints, its like posting an email or to the internet, it never goes away.

Agree, there are quite a few "places" that can see the hx but I wasn't going to list them all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back