Independent Healthcare for VET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbarsback2

I have been working as a caregiver for a quadriplegic veteran going on 4 years. I live at his home, and am paid by the Dept of Veterans Affairs if and when they decide to pay me. They are always a month behind, but my checks were received on a regular basis each month, until Jan 2007. At which time my life became a nightmare and continues til this day. I didn't receive my pay for 3 months, constantly called or went to the office 3 times i was told they never received my time sheet. 3 times i hand delivered it. In the mean time, my bills are late, causing late charges, putting me a default, until my credit cards were over limit. I had great credit scores and always paid my bills on time. Now Im in a debt management program, lost everything except my car (that's next) am always in a state of depression, stressed to the max. I can't seem to catch up. I stay because the gentleman i care for has been very good to me, and my grandson. he has helped out of his own pocket until it has also caused him financial difficulties. He and i went to the administrator of the Veterans Hospital, then together we all went to the Fee Basis Office. I had gone earlier that week and was so frustrated and angry that they threatened to call security on me. When I showed up with the admin, to try and get some kind of answers the woman at the desk showed him 3 of my timesheets for the same month that were supposedly never received. I no i have to find another job. My patient will lose his life and be returned to the hospital to live. Do I have any kind of a case against this government department? Because of their negligence two lives have been completely stripped, and it is ongoing. i have copies and records of any and all dealing with them. How can they get away with this? and is there way of dealing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back