Independent Contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradensmom

I was working as an independent contractor driver for a company, but I had to use another employees id # until my paper work was fully processed so I could get my own driver #, she was a night supervisor at the site and was an employee of the company not just an independent contractor. So when I get paid and when I log my time it goes under the other driver. Well me and the other driver had a falling out for personal reasons nothing to do with business and she would harras me and start trouble with me while I was working I keep telling her to be professional and she continued to harrase me. She was rude to me while I was working and if she was there she would slam doors in my face and talk about me to other employees to make me feel uncomfortable and boss me around not cause she needs to but cause she knows she has the power and got a kick out of it she treated me worse then all the other employees which was unfair. Needless to say I no longer work for the company but now the other driver is not giving me the money which is owed to me.. I kept getting the run around when Fridays come around and the money is due. Now shes saying there was a fraud on my insurance, which is impossible cause I was under her driver info till I was able to get my own and they are keeping $500 which is owe to me. The full amount owed now is 1,110. And their saying they owe me NOTHING. What can I do. I researched the application I signed and it says nothing to this and that is all I signed since working. I do have daily logs that show my times and the amount owed so I do have proof. Also I told the day supervisor (thats when I worked) that I couldnt deal with the childish night supervisor so I was done and he asked me to stay till they find someone else and I said fine well that night I got strep thoat and went to the doctors the next day and was old and told the supervisor I was going to be out and when I contacted the driver whos # I was working under the night Supervisor to see about getting money I was due she said she was busy cause she was covering for me seeing I dont have a job no more and that I was fired. Then two days later when I contact the other day supervisor he said that is regulations that when an employee does a no call no show they keep any income due to them. Which I was lost cause the other supervisor said I was fired and two days prior to that I told him I was quiting also. Is this legal what they are doing??

Last edited:
I suppose it would be pointless to point out that if you had not been fraudulently using an other employee's id, we wouldn't be having this discussion?

no I was'nt fraudulently using another emp's # that's just how they do it until the driver gets a number so basically your an employee for the persons whom # u are using, which thats what the company said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back