Incompetent mortage guy could make us lose the house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

summercoxe

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. We are supposed to close in a week. It turns out the loan officer I am working with has messed everything up (basically he did not do his job and in some cases he flat out lied to me about what he did and didn't do). If this ends up costing us the house, do we have any legal recourse?

Originally posted by summercoxe
My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. We are supposed to close in a week. It turns out the loan officer I am working with has messed everything up (basically he did not do his job and in some cases he flat out lied to me about what he did and didn't do). If this ends up costing us the house, do we have any legal recourse?
It sounds like you do but without more I have no idea nor can anyone tell you. Why would you lose the house? You cannot sue the loan officer for "specific performance" since he doesn't own the house. If there are damages then the bank may be liable, depending upon what happened. How much is a good question and depends upon the facts and circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back