In search of our legal rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyroller99

I am currently in a situation with a former roommate where she skipped town and left the rest of us roommates to pay her portion of not only the rent but the security deposit. She waited to skip town 2 days before we were to sign the lease and security deposit. She also lived in my current apartment rent free, and when asked if she was going to pay her portion of at least the security deposit that we all agreed upon, she stated she wasnt paying us anything. The reasoning for her leaving was because she could not be in a realtionship with one of the other roommates so she was mad and said we would all suffer. Is she allowed to just skip out on our verbal agreement of moving into this new home. Shouldnt she be responsible for something because this is leaving the other roommates to find other means of finances. :mad: :( :cussing:

Since you do not indicate that she agreed to pay anything, I guess that she doesn't have to pay anything.

We all verbally agreed that we would move into this house together, and agreed on the rent each individual was to pay.

Sue her in small claims court if you think she caused you damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back