Final Inspection in california my tenant didnt pay rent for last 2 months

frankT

but now wishes a walk through because she is leaving on date as per lease, I filed a lawsuit for the 2 months owed and she has been served. It is noted I have been selling condo in those months under her confined schedule of only 24 hour notice for times between 9-3 M-F...She has been quite rude to my realtor and I. I really do not want to do the walk prefer to do post her exit...Can I legally not do a walk through with her prior to move out in California?? instead after?

but now wishes a walk through because she is leaving on date as per lease, I filed a lawsuit for the 2 months owed and she has been served. It is noted I have been selling condo in those months under her confined schedule of only 24 hour notice for times between 9-3 M-F...She has been quite rude to my realtor and I. I really do not want to do the walk prefer to do post her exit...Can I legally not do a walk through with her prior to move out in California?? instead after?

You can send an agent to represent your interests.
You really don't want to run the risk of not being able to say to teh court what you observed and documented when she disputes how much of her deposit money you return.

You can do it yourself, but take two or three witnesses with you.
In some cases, the police will send an officer to stand by and keep the peace while the walk through is conducted.
To cause that to happen, call the Police HQ, or sheriff's office, and ask for the desk sergeant, or the non-emergency number and explain your situation.

Make sure plenty pictures are taken, and document that with a checklist, get her to sign, and you or your agent to sign the document.
That could be very helpful.

Good luck.

Back