Business Contracts In business with my family

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerned2014

My business partners (3 members of my family) and I started a business 5 years ago and created an LLC. My expertise was in the field so I have been responsible for the field for the last 5 years. My other partners worked inside on administrative tasks. They were responsible for filing the LLC. paperwork. I found out recently that my name was never put on the original filings as a partner and to this day I am not listed as a partner. I have worked for a very low wage and many many hours because this was 'my' business. Things have come to a head and we are not getting along and I am extremely concerned that this means I am just out of luck. Do I have any ground to stand on?

My business partners (3 members of my family) and I started a business 5 years ago and created an LLC. My expertise was in the field so I have been responsible for the field for the last 5 years. My other partners worked inside on administrative tasks. They were responsible for filing the LLC. paperwork. I found out recently that my name was never put on the original filings as a partner and to this day I am not listed as a partner. I have worked for a very low wage and many many hours because this was 'my' business. Things have come to a head and we are not getting along and I am extremely concerned that this means I am just out of luck. Do I have any ground to stand on?

You might have a skelton of case that good lawyer could put flesh on them old bones.

I suggest you say nothing to anyone about what you might be up to and/or trying to accomplish.

While you are trolling the lawyers in your county, play nice and play dumb.

Take anything and everything in writing that you have to support your "partnership" or "ownership" of the business.

That could be checks, business cards, letter head, metting notes, anything in writing that supports your premise.

The right lawyer might be able to salvage a couple fo dollars for you, but you have to keep everything "hush hush" until you see where this could lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back