Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication in accident found with pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike456

i was in a roll over, my car rolled over i then got out of the car unharmed and went to the side of the road, when police arrived i told them i was the driver of the vehicle, i was then asked to get into the abulence becaue i was a minor and even though i was not hurt and could walk home only a short distance away, i had to go to the hospital until my parents came for me. so i was put into the ambulence mean while a officer went into my car looking for my insurance card and found cannabis less than 2.5 grams and drug paraphanelia, do they have a right to go into my glove compartment when i am still on the scene and have not consenteed on them doing so

You were involved in an accident and it seems that the circumstances may have dictated a different protocol, including even looking for other evidence to support the reasons for the accident. Others may disagree but this does not seem like an unreasonable action and the fact that you had cannabis in the glove compartment seems unfortunate. Looking in your glove compartment for your driver's information seems reasonable. If they found cannabis in the back of your trunk I might think differently. I think this might be a tough one to escape... let us know what happens!

Originally posted by nike456
i was in a roll over, my car rolled over i then got out of the car unharmed and went to the side of the road, when police arrived i told them i was the driver of the vehicle, i was then asked to get into the abulence becaue i was a minor and even though i was not hurt and could walk home only a short distance away, i had to go to the hospital until my parents came for me. so i was put into the ambulence mean while a officer went into my car looking for my insurance card and found cannabis less than 2.5 grams and drug paraphanelia, do they have a right to go into my glove compartment when i am still on the scene and have not consenteed on them doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back